Modular Construction: Create Innovative Structures in No Time
Let modular building technology make your home!
Modular construction is the advanced and faster way of construction. Manufacturers build modules of a building in a workshop under the supervision and comply with traditional construction standards.
You must be thinking how it is a faster way?
Let us understand it.
The modular building does not use different designing methods and saves the on-site construction time by preparing modules in advance.
At construction sites, workers only need to assemble those prefabricated modules.
Isn’t it time-saving when you only need to join pre-built modules, and your structure gets ready?
Modular construction reduces construction time by more than 30 per cent it takes in the traditional construction method.
Also, it does not leave any stone unturned to bring flexible designs as per the requirement.
At SIDPL, we are engaged in modular building construction and have a team of experts who have years of experience.
Clients know us for exceptional project completion in the said time.
If you are looking for the best modular home builder, the SIDPL team is always here to assist you.
Types of Modular Building Construction
There are two types of modular construction: Permanent and temporary modular construction.
Permanent Modular Building Construction
Permanent modular building construction refers to commercial building construction in which 80 to 90 percent completes in the factory.
Manufacturers build permanent modular buildings with no intention of shifting in a lifetime.
Modular itself defines that these buildings consist of modules and are feasible for single or multiple-story buildings. The only thing is that these structures remain in one place for a lifetime.
Permanent modular construction offers a faster way to build reliable buildings that provide utmost safety to the workers. It can withstand all weather conditions.
In modular building construction, the manufacturer can build all the construction essentials in half a time.
Here are some applications of permanent modular construction
● Healthcare centers
● Hotels or lodging
● Academic buildings
● Food points etc.
Temporary Modular Building Construction
Temporary modular Construction occurs when a manufacturer finishes a half or complete construction at the factory.
Later on, he transfers it to the site of use.
Like permanent modular construction, temporary modular building construction also complies with all statutory regulations.
What makes temporary modular prefab construction unique?
● The temporary modular building comes with the advantage that a manufacturer can modify and transfer it to different sites as per the need.
● These buildings have multiple applications that are following:
● Instant schools,
● Instant factory and workshops,
● Temporary health centers or clinics
● Temporary shops or sale outlets.
● Public toilets
● Exhibition centers and so on.
Advantages that temporary modular buildings offer:
● Faster construction,
● Easy to deliver
● Cost-effective modification
● Designing flexibility.
So, these buildings are best when faster construction and temporary space requirement demand come together.
How Much Does A Modular Building Cost?
How much modular construction will cost depends on the level of the project and material quality.
Apart from material quality and project level, inside fixtures and fittings cost influence the final cost of modular building.
However, past experiences reveal that modular building construction is still more cost-effective than conventional construction.
One of the biggest reasons for its cost-effectiveness is the speedy construction process.
Even in harsh weather conditions, modular buildings maintain the workflow.
What Is The Life of a Modular Building?
How long a modular building will survive depends on its construction type(permanent and relocatable).
Although most people still believe that modular buildings are of temporary type, it is not true.
There is also a permanent type of modular construction.
Permanent modular buildings must follow the statutory regulations applied to conventional construction.
Also, these buildings sometimes use the same material as traditional buildings.
Modular buildings go through quality check tests multiple times that ensure long-lasting life.
So, we can assume that modular building lasts for a long time.
If you still doubt the reliability of modular constructions, here are some of their benefits.
Advantages of Modular Building Construction Over Conventional Construction
● Modular structures offer good results in all climatic conditions.
● It provides a secure work environment for employees.
● Modular home builders conduct quality checks that make the buildings more reliable.
● One can work in real-time in a modular building if the project demands.
● Incurs less waste, hence requires low waste control cost.
● It takes less material than conventional building methods.
● It helps to speed up the construction because manufacturers prepare modules in advance.
● In modular construction, the builder can finish multiple sections together.
● It is a blessing when the construction site is away from the necessities of life as it gives freedom to work off-site.
● Modular structures also come in temporary types that give the flexibility to modify.
● Modular buildings follow statutory regulations while constructing the various sections that make them reliable and long-lasting.
● That was not possible in traditional construction.
● Modular buildings come with advanced thermal and sound insulation.
● These structures resist moisture because of their exceptional material quality.
● It saves half of the construction time.
● Speedy construction saves valuable money that was a concern in the conventional construction method.
Disadvantages of Modular Construction
We know that nothing can give us advantages only because everything has two sides. Like that, the modular building also has some disadvantages.
● Careful transportation is a concern for modular building construction. It requires large vehicles that increase the transportation cost.
● Transportation issues can put a limit on the modular building space. You may not get the dream size of the room.
So, if you are ok with the disadvantages, Modular buildings are what you are looking for.
Here are the various applications of all kind of modular building construction
● Private housing
● Public housing
● Residential buildings
● Commercial buildings
● Academic Institutions
● Hostels or student accommodations
● Employees Accommodations
● Prisoner cell or protective buildings
● Hospitals or immediate health centers
● Hospitality accommodations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do we call modular construction?
Modular construction is a building process in which manufacturers build modules off-site with complete supervision. It complies with the quality standards and finishes the task in half the time of traditional construction.
Is modular construction expensive or Cheaper?
Modular buildings cost cheaper as it takes less time to build.
We can say that speed is the factor that makes modular construction preferable to faster speed construction. It saves at least 30 percent of the time on the construction site.
Why is modular building beneficial?
Modular construction is beneficial to speed up the building process.
In this construction, modules are built in the factory first and then transported to the site. It saves time and effort at the site.
Is modular building reliable?
Modular building is one of the safest ways to build. A method that includes few efforts makes it safe for site workers. On the construction site, workers need to assemble the prefabricated modules. No construction method can lower down the injury risk to zero, but modular construction can reduce to a great extent on the actual construction site.
Why not choose a modular home?
Modular homes require enough finance to buy. Sometimes you may find it difficult to collect funds from financial institutions. So, purchase modular homes only when you have enough funds in hand.